About East Invest
A European Commission initiative, managed by Eurochambres
This project is funded by the European Union
East Invest is a regional investment and trade facilitation project for the economic development of the Eastern Neighbourhood region, launched in the framework of the European Eastern Partnership initiative.
It targets Business support organisations and SMEs from the 6 Eastern Partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine), who have potential for developing mutual cooperation and investment relations with the European Union.
Its main objectives are:
- To promote and facilitate investment and economic cooperation at large between the EU and Eastern Partnership countries, and also between the 6 target countries.
- To create the “East Alliance”, mobilising business organisations from both sides to engage in a sustainable partnership and dialogue both within the private sector and towards the public authorities.
- To develop concrete activities that will generate immediate results for SMEs in the region.
For the business support organizations (BSO):
• providing technical support to business assistance organizations to increase their capacity in the area of support and represent the interests of small and medium-sized businesses
• Academy of East Invest, offering specialized training in the field of management
Both EU and Eastern partnership (EaP) BSOs nowadays operate in a very competitive environment. While the majority of EU BSOs are relatively well set off and are operationally sustainable, the EaP BSOs need guidance about the ways of establishing a sustainable basis for development.